In Honor of the Authors After Dark‘s kick-off this Wednesday, here are some random facts about me:
- I used to juggle professionally.
- I’ve been married to my soulmate for sixteen years.
- I’m allergic to latex and have a hard time with pvc, so we have a lot of glass and stainless toys.
- I tend to be a little shy until I get to know someone, but I worked hard to get beyond it and talk to strangers at The Novel Experience and had a blast. I’m looking forward to doing it again.
- Once I get beyond my initial shyness, it’s hard to shut me up.
- Upon reading my t-shirt, a gentleman at TNEE said, “My wife’s safeword has turned into Jim-if-you-do-that-again-I’m-going-to-kill-you.”
- Yes, that’s my bed in the background. Yes, it’s been retrofitted with kinky accoutrements.
- The picture was taken in my bedroom because I needed to go somewhere I could lock the door to set the banner up, because my kids are way too young to be asking me what a safeword is.
- I am incapable of writing a short story. They all turn into novels. Sometimes supernovels.
- This was supposed to be five random facts. I have a hard time keeping the word count down on blog posts too, apparently.
I’ll be wearing my “What’s your Safeword” t-shirt, and I love meeting readers and authors. Please come say hi to me if you see me. And, if I look lost, maybe help me figure out where I should be? I have a feeling everything will be fine once I arrive, but I’m a little overwhelmed as I pack and try to make plans.
I have a game in the Carnival (Friday night from 5:00 to 7:00), and would love to have you stop by and play. We won’t be playing pin the tail on the donkey; my game involves pink tennis balls and a huge dildo.
Because this is my first Author’s After Dark, I haven’t made a whole lot of plans for things to do ahead of time. This includes dinner plans. If anyone would like to have dinner with me (dutch treat) please let me know at candace at candaceblevins dot com or facebook.com/candacesblevins.
Oh, and see the box in the top right hand corner of my blog? Enter your email address to be on my mailing list, and you’ll know about new releases, sales, contests, etc. Or, to be even more up to date, join Candace’s Kinksters, where there’s currently a contest running to win one of three eARC’s of Happily Ever After when they become available.